When Western Medicine diagnosed me with an “incurable autoimmune condition,” I eventually concluded, after months of research, it was their way of saying, “We don’t really know what’s wrong with you.” They sent me home with pills and a prayer and that was that.
If you are one of the roughly 53 to 80 million sufferers experiencing any one of the 80 different types of autoimmune disease, do you believe me when I tell you that doctors are wrong when they claim there isn’t a way to heal? I am reversing my Lupus diagnosis and I have the lab results to prove it. CBD oil is an effective part of my healing protocol, along with clean real food, metabolomic medicine, and other supplements and treatments.
CBD has been scientifically proven to treat a host of ailments such as multiple sclerosis and Crohn’s Disease, because, according to a growing body of medical research, it activates our internal endocannabinoid system(ECS).
The ECS is made up of cannabinoid receptors that are embedded throughout the entire human body in immune cells, organs, connective tissue, and glands. These receptors send signals to nearly every system and cellular structure in our bodies to promote homeostasis. Basically the plant compound interfaces with your body to regulate and balance. Pretty cool!
“At the site of an injury, for example, cannabinoids can be found decreasing the release of activators and sensitizers from the injured tissue, stabilizing the nerve cell to prevent excessive firing, and calming nearby immune cells to prevent release of proinflammatory substances,” explains Dr. Dustin Sulakan, a licensed osteopathic physician, who lectures nationally on medical cannabis and the endocannabinoid system. He is an advocate for medical cannabis and has been impressed by the excellent clinical responses he’s seen in medical cannabis patients.
Unlike the cannabinoid THC (most prevalent with medical marijuana), CBD comes with no high and is scientifically proven to combat inflammation — a primary cause of many common ailments. In fact, CBD is an effective alternative to NSAID pain medications, which carry a number of health risks, including gastrointestinal bleeding, heart attack, and stroke. Plus, CBD oil does not carry any side effects.
In fact, throughout human history, most medicines have been derived from plants. They seem to be safer and better suited to address disease, says Dr. Ethan Russo, neurologist and medical scientist, especially “in contrast to the ‘silver bullet’ single chemical model that is most prevalent in contemporary Western medicine.”
“The synergistic effect of the group, or entourage, of plant constituents is always greater than the sum of its parts,” adds Clinical Herbalist, Elizabeth Moriarty.
CBD is considered an “adaptogen,” meaning it is a non-specific remedy that increases resistance to a broad spectrum of harmful factors (stressors) of different physical, chemical, and biological natures.
As cofounder of HoneyColony and a public health expert, I have heard directly from patrons how a high-grade organic CBD can help alleviate pain and anxiety too. I mention quality because unfortunately, there’s a lack of transparency and regulation that currently exists in the marketplace. Driven by the desire to turn a quick buck, producers use misleading marketing and deceptive advertising, banking on the fact that people are ignorant and in need.
Read: not all brands are reputable. Some criteria to look out for include extraction methods, sourcing, and bioavailability. My friend’s over at CannaBliss checks all those boxes and you can trust them for the best CBD extraction.
As CBD is cumulative, it is best to adopt a protocol accompanied with a clean diet and be on the lookout for these positive health benefits:
- Reshaping of your body’s structure – this often shows up as weight loss, more energy, radiant looking skin (glow from within) and other physical effects.
- Sense of Stability – this often shows up as more agility and movement, and feeling stronger with more endurance. Less drama, more clarity.
- Health Repair – the ability to bounce back with better recovery after illness, allergies, toxin exposures, injuries, or chronic conditions.
- Mood Elevation – a greater sense of happiness and well-being with fewer “ups and downs.”
- Ongoing Sense of Calm, Mindfulness and Happiness – usually after six months of cumulative benefit.
- Resistance – If you stay with the program, you may notice some minor temporary setbacks. Your body is adjusting because your conditions are being treated with proper nutrition, sometimes for the first time ever. If you’ve never before optimized your diet before, you will need some time to adjust — but, trust me, it will be well worth it.
Blogger / Cannabis Activist